Friday, July 16, 2010

FABRIC BOOK of Life Drawings - revisited

I posted on my life drawing book made from fabric on March 11th, 2010. My lovely new blogger friend, Leslie Avon Miller of Textures, Shapes and Colours, featured my book and my life drawing collage exchange works in her blog on Monday, June 28th. Thanks to Leslie, my 'Followers' have doubled over the past couple of weeks. Don't you just love this blogging network?
Anyway, many of the comments at the bottom of her post about me referred to wanting to turn the pages of my book, so I have done the next best thing. I have made a 'Picasa' slide show of me turning the pages - not quite the same thing, but hopefully near enough. Go to FABRIC BOOK to see the slide show.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Noela! I love this book so much! I enjoyed each virtual page turn. I would like to post a link and let folks know about this, if it is ok with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-- wonderful Noela. What a great idea to showcase your book in this way-- to allow us to turn the pages -- your line work is exquisite - so flowing and leads a connection throughout your whole book-- just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Leslie and Donna,
    Yes, the link would be great. I'm glad my idea worked. You both insipe me so much - in fact I am back to painting thanks to several hours 'visiting' you both yesterday. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly fabulous!!! I am one of those people who found you through Leslie's blog. I love this book... it looks like a combination of paper, fabric, hand and machine stitch? I wasnt sure how the brown paint/dye? got onto the fabric... loosely painted? You put together mediums that I love: bookmaking, fabric, stitching... and learning to love drawings. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, The brown is mostly tea dyed/rust dyed/ mouldy calico, with a bit of acrylic paint and shellac. Pages are all fabric and nearly all machine stitched. There are a couple of pages of dyed/painted vilene [the greenish ones] and a couple have photocopied T shirt transfer images ironed on them. Thanks very much for your interest.
    Noela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog updates showed in my dashboard! Something is working now! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hip hip hooray - I have fixed the problem after chatting to a techno friend. It was to do with RSS feed which wasn't activated.
    yeahhhhhh
    xoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to be able to browse through your amazing book. This blogging network is phenomenal. We get to see the best of the best AND "chat" with favourite artists. A few years ago I would never have dreamed that this would be possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Noela, I love your life drawing book thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your work. the tactile addition of fiber tickles me home. I will look forward to viewing more.

    ReplyDelete